The Nonfiction Challenge

|
chllngenonfiction
While my blog is called I Am Nonfiction, it can be said that I do not read much nonfiction, unless assigned for school. Most of what I have found is dull and uninteresting. However, many people I know love nonfiction and I’m wondering if I’m looking in all the wrong places. So this is my quest for good nonfiction, preferably books that teens can enjoy too.

I’m not sure if people will be interested, but I thought that I would post about this and see if other would like to join. My rules are below, but you can add more if you’d like.

The rules:
  1. Read ten nonfiction titles and review them. No audiobooks. You must read them.
  2. Sign up with the Mr. Linky at the bottom with a link to your post about this challenge. If you don’t have a blog, no worries. Just say you’re interested in the comments form.
  3. With each review I post for one of my nonfiction books, there will be a Mr. Linky for you to post yours.
  4. Reviews do not have to be on a blog. You can use Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.
  5. This challenge will end August 4th, 2010. You can join anytime before then.

My plan is to read one book a month. I haven’t found any interesting titles yet, so if you have suggestions, I would love to hear them. As I said before, I’d like to find ones that teens can enjoy too, since this is a YA blog and all.

I wish you the best of luck if you’re participating.

1 comments:

Jazz said...

Sex With the Queen: Nine Hundred Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman is one of my favorite non-fiction books.

Now, don't let the title scare you away. There are no explicit descriptions of sex. The anecdotes in this book are witty and informative on how crazy royals have always been, and what consequences or happy times adultery brought. There is one story about a gay king who was very happy to let his queen have her own lover so he could have his, and they a became best friends!

Eleanor has also written Sex with Kings, which i will be reading as part of this challenge.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- good or bad, so let me know what you think below!