Fanboy has never had it good, but lately his sophomore year is turning out to be its own special hell. The bullies have made him their favorite target, his best (and only) friend seems headed for the dark side (sports and popularity), and his pregnant mother and the step-fascist are eagerly awaiting the birth of the alien life form known as Fanboy’s new little brother or sister.
But Fanboy has a secret: a graphic novel he’s been working on without telling anyone about it, a graphic novel that he is convinced will lead to publication, fame, and — most important of all — a way out of the crappy little town he lives in and the bullies that make it all hell for him.
Just when he thinks he’s doomed to be alone, Fanboy meets Kyra, a.k.a. Goth Girl, an outrageous, cynical girl who shares Fanboy’s love of comics as well as his hatred for jocks and bullies. Fanboy can’t resist someone who actually seems to understand him, and soon he finds himself willing to heed her advice — to ignore or crush anyone who stands in his way.
But Kyra has secrets, too. And they could lead Fanboy to his dreams…or down a path into his own darkness.
- Answer the question: If you were in a comic book, what would your superhero/supervillian name be and why? (+1)
- Bookmark, Stumble, Twitter Favorite, etc. this post (+1 e. / 3 per person)
- Link to this post in your sidebar (+2)
- Become a follower (+2)
- Subscribe via RSS or Email (+2)
- Add me to your blogroll and provide a link (+2)
- Already a follower (+3)
- Already subscribed (+3)
- Post about this contest on your blog (+5)
- Comment on any of my book reviews – must be a thoughtful comment, not just “Nic job!” (+5 e. / 3 per person)
Deadline is September 3rd, 2009.
US ONLY. (unless you can get someone in the US to mail you the book)
This is a wonderful, funny book so I hope you all enter!